Yes for negs, not so much for prints. But unless you are doing MF or
LF stuff, investing in a dedicated 35mm scanner is a better choice for
neg/slide scanning. The Minolta Scan Dual's are available cheaply
used, and Nikon's Coolscan V costs around the same as a high-end
flatbed (like the Epson V700) and will produce notably better output
from slides or negs (And will also be less hassle, flatbed neg holders
are mostly annoying).

I'm currently doing all my scanning with an Epson 4490, which is an
excellent flatbed option, especially once you add a set of
betterscanning.com ANR inserts (hold film strips flat without adding
newton rings) and a betterscanning.com MF holder (the Epson one
sucks). I'd go with a V500 for 35mm/MF today, or the V700 for LF
scanning.

-Adam

--
M. Adam Maas