I had one for quite a while and found it an excellent performer
overall. What I never really liked about it was the somewhat loose,
wobbly feel of the focusing ring and resulting imprecision when
focusing manually, particularly for settings near infinity. It was
always hard to make a small adjustment... just taking my fingers off
the ring at distances near infinity would move the focus setting.

It has a little less light falloff at corner and edges than the
DA*50-135, but in all other respects the DA* zoom out-performs it
IMO ... except on size of course. The DA* zoom is a bulky thing,
particularly when fitted with its lens hood, ameliorated to a degree
only by the fact that its all internal focus and zoom design means it
never changes length or rotates the front element. I like that.

Godfrey