...or, I can't make up my mind.

So the darkroom project is pretty much dead in the water.  Besides the
expense, there's the matter of satisfying the landlord that the plumbing
and wiring is done properly.  Now, I'm perfectly capable of doing it all
myself, and he knows that, but the state seems to think I need to be
licensed.  Something about residency permits and unlicensed contractors
and rental properties or some crap.  It's more of a hassle than I want
to deal with.  So until we decide to buy a home I'll just keep hoarding
enlargers and safe lights.  Which leads me to the alternative...

I'd like to get a printer specifically for black & white.  An Epson C88
looks like it should do the job with MIS Ultratone inks.
Single-black-ink printing might work, too.  (Christie says I go through
too much black ink with "her" printer.)  I have no immediate plans to
print anything larger than 8x10.

While we're at it, my scanner sucks.  Since I need to scan medium format
negs, this pretty much leaves me with flatbed scanners.  (Sure, I'd like
a Flextight X5 on my desk, but Christie seems to think that 20K might be
better spent on something else.  Like a car.)  Currently considering a
couple of Epson's offerings - 4490 and V500.  The V700 looks nice, but I
don't really need the LF capability.

Anyway, thanks for reading this drivel.  If you can offer any
suggestions, I'm wide open.

--
Scott Loveless
http://www.twosixteen.com/fivetoedsloth/