On Mon, Feb 25, 2008 at 1:00 PM, Charles Robinson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>  >
>  > http://tinyurl.com/34aw3j
>  >
>  >
> http://bp0.blogger.com/_EaTEtfR4WJw/R8LF9kgqgjI/AAAAAAAABkE/V8LI0Ar29us/s1600-h/feb_25_08+007.jpg
>  >

>  This one I didn't understand.  What the heck does he mean?
>
>  I like the first picture the best.

Well, I'm a bit foggy on all this, too.  I ~think~ what he's trying to do is:

First of all, let the US know he's pissed that they recognized Kosovo
as an independant state over the protests of Serbia, and,

Second, I ~think~ he's trying to draw an analogy between the present
situation in Kosovo/Serbia and that of appeasement in just before
WWII.  You know, Neville Chamberlain, "Peace in our time," that sort
of thing.

Of course, I could be wrong, but that's what I took from that
particular placard.  It does take some imaginative interpretation,
I'll admit...

;-)

Finally, I'm with you, Bruce and others who like the first image best.
 I find it the most powerful and the most representative of the mood
of the crowd ("surly").  That's why I put if first!

cheers,
frank