> > A counterpoint to Bob's gallery last week showing the joy of
ex-pat
> > Kosovonians (?) in London.  On Saturday in Toronto, Serbs
> demonstrated
> > in front the the American Consulate.  I happened to be
> walking in the
> > area, and happened to have my camera.  The mood was somewhat less
> > ebulent:
> >
> > http://tinyurl.com/2q7dup
> >

> http://bp2.blogger.com/_EaTEtfR4WJw/R8LDyEgqgVI/AAAAAAAABiU/S_
> lAubZ4Vbw/s1600-h/feb_25_08+003.jpg
> >

> > http://tinyurl.com/34aw3j
> >

> http://bp0.blogger.com/_EaTEtfR4WJw/R8LF9kgqgjI/AAAAAAAABkE/V8
> LI0Ar29us/s1600-h/feb_25_08+007.jpg
> >

> This one I didn't understand.  What the heck does he mean?
>
> I like the first picture the best.
>
>   -Charles

I don't suppose many of us are very well up on Yugoslav history, but I
think it is a reference to the Nazi occupation of Yugoslavia in WW2
and their splitting it up into separate territories.

'Kosovo is Serbia' refers to the belief that Kosovo is the heartland
of Serbia. There was a mediaeval battle there against the Turks, which
the Serbs lost but which is seen as a turning point in the development
of Serb national identity.

I think it would be a bit like Boston wanting to be part of Canada.

Bob