----- Original Message -----
From: "Godfrey DiGiorgi"
Subject: Re: Question about K10D and file numbering

> If the memory option to remember file numbers is turned off, the
> number sequence will not be remembered and it will be incremented one
> more than the last file number on the currently inserted card. If the
> card is blank, it will start at 0001.

Thanks Godders, that's good information. With the K20, I wanted to avoid file
number duplication
as much as possible, so I took a card straight from my K10 to my K20 and
started shooting. As I
hoped, the camera picked up the file number off the card and continued on where
the K10 had left
off.
Of course, I then decided to do a global prefix rename in camera, so I may as
well have not
bothered.....

William Robb