----- Original Message -----
From: "Bob Sullivan"
Subject: Re: Faces of meth images

> Bill,
> I don't know.
> Wasn't how we got into this problem with Meth spread by it's easy
> availability?
> Don't we need somebody to stand up and say 'That stuff is no good for
> you!'
> I think the young, the weak, and the unhappy/wrestless are falling victim.
> I'd like that to slow down and not happen.
> It's easy to say what we are doing is wrong, but harder to suggest
> positive solutions.

We got into the Meth problem in part by making the less harmful rec drugs
really expensive through prohibition. Meth has the advantage of being really
cheap to manufacture, but lets face it, if it was legal to grow pot in your
back yard, how many people would bother with Meth?
I'm not saying that Meth is harmless, just that the present approach to
dealing with it isn't working.
It's easy to say that there are no easy solutions, and just keep the status
quo, but in the meantime, there are a lot of people whose lives are being
destroyed, and tossing them in jail isn't helping anyone.

William Robb