Cotty

As a professional who has to deal with this on a regular basis you
have much more experience than most of us in dealing with this
problem. It may sound a bit OTT to describe the issue as one of
principle, but while there is no doubt that one can manage jobsworth
officials by a variety of techniques such as you describe why should
we have to?

>From the video the zealous officials appear to be Police community
support officers. It is unfair to them to describe them as poorly
trained. That is their rationale. If they cost as much to produce as
real policemen, they would not exist.
They are not held in terribly high esteem by many regular police
officers! "Hobby bobbies" would be one of the more polite descriptions
I have heard.

In the meantime I shall be attending the Under 10's football final
with my discrete Panasonic Lumix superzoom compact camera. I failed to
take a single decent pic last year with it!

Perhaps this time next year after the legislation is clarified we will
be able to compare probation officers and custody sergeants

Regards

Peter