The gold reflector warms the light a bit. It won't balance it totally
with tungsten, but it helps a bit.

The old Honeywell potato masher flashes came with a set of snap on
filters that included a tungsten match. Way back thirty years or so
when I used those flashes, I'd use the tungsten filter from time to
time. I remember using it shooting drag racing at night under
tungsten lights with my speed graphic. (I was going for long
exposures of funny cars on the starting line with flames coming out
of the headers.) The flash provided a bit of fill, but the filter
gave away two f-stops, which limited the flash's usefulness.
Paul