Ralf R. Radermacher wrote:
Sandy Harris <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

This topic is directly relevant to many people on
the list, certainly all US-based pro photographers,
and probably many others..

How many members of this list are US-based pro photographers?
What about the (strictly domestic!) issues of Estonian, Swedish,
Belgian, Maltese, Congolese, or Somali pro photographers and probably
many others?
Ever thought about what would happen if all that were dumped on this
poor little list?
Ralf

We don't have Congressman here in Australia.

BTW, My Thunderbird in its wisdom thought God's original post was spam, so I had to pull it out of there for a read.

But fair enough, this isn't strictly a political issue. Here is the famed Richard Stallman's take on it

"In essence, even if the defendant can prove he tried to find the author and couldn't, when the author later objects to the infringement, he can still sue and get money and an injunction. This bill merely places some limits on how much money can be recovered in such cases. It would not mean open-season on GPL-covered free software."

http://blamcast.net/articles/orphan-works-bill-deserves-support-rms

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://members.iinet.net.au/~derbyc