Don't forget, Dave, individual channels will be "softer" than the full RGB image, especially if you are looking in one channel and the most of the colours are in the other two. The Bayer demosaicing will then be trying to interpolate from what information it has.

David J Brooks wrote:
Good, its not my eyes.:-)

I tried adjusting sharpness on that channel but did not see any
change. I;'m sure i;m doing something wrong, or, the photos from the
D200 ARE really soft.

Dave