Paul Stenquist wrote:
I hate Dickens. I find it unreadable. I had to read much of his work in college, and it was a task. Remember, those works were serialized in newspapers. Compiled into a single volume, they become rather fat and lazy.
Paul

Well, being a native Russian speaker I was forced to read some of Dostoyevsky at age of 15-16 - last years in school. Notably of course the "Crime and Punishment"... Somehow I had mental repulsion of it...

So Paul, I suppose we were through somewhat similar experience, although ironically the involved languages and authors were quite different.

Boris