In a message dated 12/1/2008 10:05:36 P.M.  Pacific Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
Yup - With PSE  closed, go to your PSE program directory and drill down
to Plug-Ins >  File Formats.  You'll see a Camera Raw.8bi file.  Rename
it to  something like Camera Raw.8bi.old.  Then go to the new Camera Raw
Zip  file and extract the new Camera Raw.8bi file to the File Formats
directory.

-p

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> In a message  dated 12/1/2008 6:30:16 P.M.  Pacific Standard Time,
>  [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
> Marnie, do you have the  latest version  of Camera Raw which will work
> with your PSE 5 installed  on  your computer (I think it is v 4.6)?  It
> may be able to  deal  with your Canon RAW files.  Check on Adobe's
>  website for  downloads and installation instructions.
>
>  Regards,  Jim

Thanks. I found I had probably  downloaded the wrong RAW update (for newer
versions of Elements and PS, 5.1 or  something).

So I revisited Adobe, got the 4.5 update, found the PSE 5  plugins/file
formats directory, and dumped the update in there. Now PSE 5 will  load CR2
(XSi)
files just fine.

Good, I have CS2, PSE5, and LR1 and that  is just fine for now. No need to
spend more money on software at this time (and  my pocketbook thanks you too).

Marnie  :-)