Have you tried printing from "Print with Preview" in
Photoshop? I find that it works better with profiles
than other programs. Also, make sure to turn color
controls OFF (under "Color Handling:" slect "No color
management"), do that AGAIN under the print dialog
boxes when selecting paper size, oreintation, etc.

The only other suggestion I have is not to use generic
paper profiles, even one supplied by paper
manufacturers. In my experience, they're never as good
a creating your own.

ColorVision makes a spectrocolorimeter to read color
swatches printed on the paper you're creating the
profile for. It works works much better than any
manufacturer files I've tried. However, there are
tricks to doing this correctly, as well. It took many,
many emails back and forth to colorVision to finally
establish a working, consistant procedure (at least
for some of the Epson papers I use).

-B