In a message dated 3/1/2009 1:55:05 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
p...@web-options.com writes:
That's not a benefit to me or the majority of  readers. For visually-impaired
people, yes, but that's not going to overturn  the world of the book anymore
than audiobooks has done, and they've been  around a very long time now.

Bob
=======
When I said earlier  people with reading problems would not be big buyers of
readers, Kindle-type,  someone else said later, sure it would help them.

I had to think about why it wouldn't. The truth of the matter for  someone
who has reading problems, they need the words to stay on the page, not a  lot
of
buttons. They need to be able to trace the letters with their fingers on  the
page, and go slow, not technology that implies go fast and faster. Can't
explain it any better, but for someone who has to struggle with reading, a
gadget will be a turn off, a hinderance, not a help. And there are a lot of
people
who struggle with reading.

I, personally, don't enjoy reading on  the computer, and I am a fast reader
(a lot because it's backlit, and a lot  because it is vertical). I do better
laying my books down besides me or on my  lap so I can read looking down. Sure,
one could probably do that with a Kindle  type-thing, but I still think it
will probably be a hindrance to me, because I  can't see it being a whole lot
better than a computer. Because, on the Net, I  don't really read all that
much.
I read bits and pieces, here and there, all  over the place, and I scan. Scan,
scan, scan, all the time. And that is NOT  reading.

So Ahem, Bob.

Marnie :-)  But I am the choir.
Warning: I am now filtering  my email, so you may be censored.

**************You're invited to Hollywood's biggest party: Get Oscars
updates, red carpet pics and more at Moviefone.
(http://movies.aol.com/oscars-academy-awards?ncid=emlcntusmovi00000001)