Afyer 35 years of experience, I dont need no stinking formula, everybody
knows the depth of field
is image locked once you make the exposure. To change it ( increase or
decrease the relative depth of field ), you have to change the in-camera
magnification or fstop before shooting. You cant manipulate more or
less image DOF ***after the exposure ***. Making a print larger or
smaller doesnt change DOF, nor does declaring a the COC bigger or
larger.
To increase or decrease the image DOF you have make changes BEFORE
the exposure....AFTER is impossible.

While not a formula, its a rule, DOF is proportional to f-number
and inversely proportional to in-camera image magnification.

Relative DOF = (f-stop number)/(in camera image magnification). These
are the
only two factors that increase or decrease relative DOF. These cannot
be changed after the exposure. NOTE how, COC, Format, focal length,
print size, etc
do not matter. ONLY in-camera magnification changes and/or f-ratio
changes can
increase or decrease the relative DOF. Its very basic.

JC O'Connell
hifis...@gate.net