My FM2n and FE2 (both circa 1983) and my F801s (circa 1991) all have
1/250 sync.

-Adam

On Fri, May 22, 2009 at 8:40 AM, JC OConnell <hifis...@gate.net> wrote:
the biggest problem with slow sync speeds is you
end up having to use small fstops to get the
ambient light exposure correct and that robs you
of flash range and/or flash fill ratio, but
half stop is half a stop, its a moderate improvement.
Compared to 1/60 in the old days 1/250
is fantastic though.

JC O'Connell (mailto:hifis...@gate.net)
"Honesty is the first chapter in the book of wisdom" - Thomas Jefferson

-----Original Message-----
From: pdml-boun...@pdml.net [mailto:pdml-boun...@pdml.net] On Behalf Of
paul stenquist
Sent: Friday, May 22, 2009 7:46 AM
To: Pentax-Discuss Mail List
Subject: Re: Oh another K-7 thread...

But you lose much of the flash output. I use it all the time. It's a
poor substitute for real high speed synch.
Paul
On May 22, 2009, at 2:50 AM, Joseph McAllister wrote:

It's called High Speed sync.

Works with PUF and external wired.

On May 21, 2009, at 17:54 , paul stenquist wrote:

The difference between 1/180th and 1/250th flash synch is
substantial when shooting a brightly backlit subject in bright
daylight.
Paul