On Sat, May 30, 2009 at 11:27 AM, Bob W <p...@web-options.com> wrote:
<snip>
> The older photographers among us had little choice but to learn the way Mike
> suggests. My early photography was with an MX which I bought by not smoking
> for a year. I generally shot black & white and rarely had anything enlarged
> because I couldn't afford it - just the contact prints. I still have all the
> negs and contacts and there are probably hundreds of photos I should scan
> and enlarge. But I can't be arsed.
>
> Bob

> the directions.
<snip>

Yesterday I took out my CL for the first time in over a year.  Just
for fun, I played "the exposure game" before I set up the hyperfocus
as I usually do for strolling.  "Hmmm...  Overcast, not too dark,
400ISO (tri-x of course) I'd say f11 at 1/125."

Set the exposure, turned on the meter and I was ~bang on~.

It felt pretty cool...

;-)

cheers,
frank