On 10/08/2009, SV Hovland <p...@heime.org> wrote:

> Another GPS device could be your cell phone. More and more of them does have
> a GPS built in.
>
> I have made a small and easy to use gps logger for Windows Mobile
> smartphones. It log in standard gpx format.
>
> A version for touch screen based devices are here:
> http://download.heime.org/GPSlogger_setup.CAB
>
> And a version for smartphone without touchscreen are here:
> http://download.heime.org/GPSlogger_Smartphone_setup.CAB
>

> Both are free to use. I have tested it on HTC phones. My HTC S740 can log for
> up to 8 hours on a full battery.

Hi Stig,

Very cool, I've got it running on my A702 now. Many phones contain the
same GPS chip sets that the Garmin and other hand held do. My phone
also has provisions for an external antenna so it's not a poor cousin
to a dedicated GPS. Battery longevity is the main issue but this can
be overcome fairly easily when the unit is being used as a logger.

Cheers,

--
Rob Studdert (Digital  Image Studio)
Tel: +61-418-166-870 UTC +10 Hours