Godfrey DiGiorgi wrote:

Both I and my partner shop at Fry's often when we need electronics
gear. They're ten minutes away and very convenient.

My experience agrees with yours, Godfrey. The Fry's here just opened a couple of years ago, but I've spent a boatload of money there on a wide variety of stuff, and I've only had one problem. Once, I got a motherboard that was apparently defective from the factory, and they hassled me when I returned it for a replacement. I stood my ground and they made good with only about five or ten minutes of angst.

--
Thanks,
DougF (KG4LMZ)