Malcolm,
You held out a long time and will be blown away by the K-7.
Anti-shake, more pixels, better rendering,,,you're gonna love it!
Some adjustment of your photo processing software & hardware may be necessary.
I still have my original *ist DS.
It has been superceded by better offerings from Pentax,
but it is still perfectly servicable for most picture taking opportunities.
Regards,  Bob S.