Dnia 28 października 2009 2:57 Doug Franklin <jehosep...@mindspring.com>
napisał(a):

> Have any of the PDML faithful tried using Network Attached Storage (NAS)
> for their photo archive?  I'm considering putting together a 1TB or so
> NAS box or device to live on my at-home 1GBps Ethernet LAN.  Right now,
> I'm keeping the archive on a set of external (eSATA and USB) hard
> drives.  I'm finding that it'd be convenient to keep a copy online all
> of the time.  I've been happy with the 4-drive RAID 10 in my main
> machine, but I want to put the online archive on a separate box of some
> sort.  Any recommendations on gear to get or to avoid?  I'm thinking I'd
> do another 4-drive RAID 10 setup with 500 GB (or maybe 1TB) drives
> commodity 7200 RPM SATA-II drives.
Here is a site that you may find interesting:
http://www.smallnetbuilder.com/
Performance difference between various NAS solutions can be very big, and it is
worth considering before buying one, especially if you want it to use for photo
archiving. I believe that Synology, QNAP and Thecus are leaders now, with
Synology having arguably the best UI for management.

Cheers,
Sylwek