Igor,

Igor Roshchin wrote:
2. Just in case: keep in mind that LightRoom catalogs cannot be on the network-mounted disks (at least under Windows, but I believe
that's OS-independent, - as somebody attributed it to the SQLite
database that is used by LR.

Though this might be right, this is not really an obstacle. You can simply back up the LR catalog on the NAS at any time. This is what I am doing - each time LR makes a backup of the catalog, I simply copy it away immediately to my disk box.

Boris