I'm planning to implement one NAS for my storage also.

Custom made, and probably with replication over network to another NAS.
If you have some unused older PC, with ports for SATA disks, then you can install "Openfiler". Freeware.

Otherwise, i have heard that "Drobo", works good.

NAS is attractive, because you can hide your loud HDD disks in another room, well ventilated, backed up by UPS. And leave only laptop or PC with one disk as front-end workstation.

Hard disks don't like frequent power up/down. So it is better to split these functions, and you can get quiet living room during night :)

Gasha

Sylwester Pietrzyk wrote:
Dnia 28 października 2009 2:57 Doug Franklin <jehosep...@mindspring.com>