I do take the photography seriously.  I do want to learn more, practice
more, and count on my ability when it's needed.  But I don't do photography
to make my living and so it is not a means to a financial end.

I take some pretty crappy pictures that I spent hours composing or planning.
I've taken beautiful ones at the spur of the moment.

But all this is off of the original topic, "What I have learned here".
Honestly, I've learned so much that I probably can't even begin to list it
all.  And there's stuff I've read that I'm going to have to read again, and
again, and hope for the topic to come up in the future a few times before I
grasp it.  But the list is more important to me than simply in terms of the
photographic knowledge.  I think Cotty said it best.

Thanks for listening.

Chris

Ann came to my rescue:

Chris N wrote :
> 2)  Not to take myself too seriously

Then....

Anand DHUPKAR wrote:

> ups ! did i read you correct ? are you saying not to take yourself too
> seriously ?    to achieve something, to do something in life (!?) one has
> take it seriously, right ?  simplest thing - exposure - one has to think
on
> it to understand it so that you could take better pictures.
> am i wrong  ?

Anand, don't confuse taking _yourself_ too seriously with
taking your _art or craft_ seriously.  Very different things
which, one hopes, everyone in a lifetime will
eventually discover.  The former often leads to much
unhappiness.

annsan  (not to be confused with Anand - though just a
couple of typos could certainly cause some comfusion <g>)