Larry Colen wrote:

On Mar 1, 2010, at 8:31 PM, John Graves wrote:

Frank,

It didn't miss...It/they (that a clump of 3 three trees) blew out the window in the end, hit the top of my chimney, and tore out and chewed up the rail on the end of the porch, as well as the concrete holding it up.. My ham radio vertical is now closer to a modern aluminum sculpture.

Time to invest in a slinky dipole.

Funny you should say that. I have a dipole (actually a G5RV) up 45 ft in some neighboring trees. It is fine. So I still have communications.

The wind sounded as though we were living underneath a railroad for about an hour.

But we are still here and just waiting for the adjuster. Then I can schedule the tree guy. So what is a guy to do....other that take photographs....sigh???

There are easier ways to branch out to new photographic subjects.

I would rather leaf the whole subject alone.

If we get good light today, I want to get some pictures of the rootballs. I need to get to the bottom of it!

John Graves
WA1JG
jh.gra...@verizon.net