Larry,

Well, I tend to be on 80 M (3.5 MHz), 40M (7.0 MHz), and 20M (14.0 MHz).using either code or sideband. I do have 2 M (144.0) transceiver in the car for chats on FM through several of the local repeaters. Since you have been gone, the morse code requirement has been dropped and there are only 3 license classes, Tech, General & Extra. The tech license gets you on the 2 M and down to a piece of 10 M (28.0 MHz). The other two give you access to at least a piece of all the bands with sections reserved for the Extra license. If you have more questions, I am happy to answer them but we outta take off forum to spare the others, chatter about another consuming hobby.

John / WA1JG