On Thu, Apr 22, 2010 at 02:50:48PM -0400, John Sessoms wrote:

> Grandma's got a "handicap" tag hanging from her mirror, but grandma
> ain't the one using the car. The handicap tag shouldn't be an excuse for
> anyone who uses the vehicle to park in a handicap space.

It isn't.  There's a fairly hefty fine for anyone caught doing that.
Not to mention that the tags get confiscated, and Grandma has to jump
through hoops to get them back again (if she's lucky).

When we go to Infineon Raceway the California Highway Patrol are out
at the entrance to the handicapped parking lots.  If you don't have
the appropriate paperwork with you in the car (even if Grandma is
present) the tags get confiscated.