From: "Bob W"
orks great except for one thing ... a typewriter is exactly > what I wanted and needed. Unfortunately, I was required to > use Word instead. >

If someone says you have to use a hammer it's silly to try and use it like a
screwdriver, even if that's what you wanted.

Try to envision this. The job did not require a hammer. It required a torque wrench. That was the appropriate tool for job that I had to do.

Instead, I was issued a jack hammer.

I know how to use a jack hammer. I know how to use a torque wrench. I know that a jack hammer can't do a job that requires a torque wrench.

It's not silly for me to want the appropriate tool for the job I have to do.

It IS silly to insist it's the workman fault; that there is some deficiency in my skill set because the wrong tool won't do the job.