> I'd say yes it did. Abnormal use = abuse. I seriously doubt
> that camera designers factor in an alcoholic drink being
> spilled onto their non-waterproof body, and would certify
> normal performance thereafter.

I disagree. Abnormal use does not equal - indeed, does not even imply -
abuse. The designers of anything have a responsibility to take human factors
into account. These include taking your camera into a pub where somebody
might spill a drink on it. The designers are not obliged to guarantee that
the camera will work afterwards, but I wouldn't class something like that as
abuse, I'd call it normal wear and tear.

Bob