2010/6/25 Eric Weir <eew...@bellsouth.net>:

> I'm a rank amateur, and a bit on the poor side, too.

The good thing about a digital camera is it lets you experiment and
practice at zero consumables cost.

> Sometimes I think, being poor, should I invest time, money, and effort in
> photography -- I've had enough experience to know that it has an effect on
> me; I start seeing things differently; I pay attention to things I wouldn't
> even even have noticed otherwise; I'm more engaged, in more than one respect
> -- or should I save the money and really buckle down to getting serious about
> learning to play the classical guitar I've been diddling around with for so
> long.

Does playing the classical guitar have less, more or a similar effect
on you? Not having tried which one would you regret more? My thoughts.
Also, how much are the guitar lessons for the length of time needed to
get to the desired level?

> Another factor is that I'm an old man. Never said that before, but it's true.

I am not, my 40 years get laughed at by many on this list so you're
not alone =) What criteria does your age add to your considerations?

Cheers
Ecke