That's definitely true ... the reason I had to do so much sharpening to make the image somewhat presentable after the noise reduction.

Bluebirds have been my biggest challenge, and that's the reason I've been so married to that shot. It took me a a whole lot of trying to get one where the bird was recognizable in flight.