There is yet another possibility, Steve. When new Pentax cameras are announced, there'll be a lot of people selling their K7's and K-x's (and other, older bodies) in order to upgrade. At this moment, you may find an excellent specimen of K7 or K-x for more than a reasonable price.

Personally, having seen briefly K-x in Chicago I should say that I have only one major ergonomic reservation about this camera. The viewfinder. It is very very small... On K7 (and separately on K10D) I've a magnifying eye cap. It is not enough, but it is better than nothing. Other than that, given that on K-x you can set its only wheel to do a program shift (thereby attaining a good half of hyper-P double wheeled operation of K7) - it is pretty much a toss up...

K7 has better viewfinder, metering, AF, you name it. But K-x has a sensor second to none. This is what K7 lacks.

Also, having most of your Pentax gear sold, why don't you do the logical thing and let it go completely?

Boris (who's himself is sitting on the fence here)