Steven Desjardins wrote:

I thought of that, but I'd like to buy a new body.  KEH has two K7 now
for $789 and $819 which is not much of a savings, and I don't think
I'd buy one off ebay, etc.

I do like your comment "But K-x has a sensor second to none."  I think
Canon and Nikon might contest that.  Of course, it could be a better
sensor than the K7.  I'm not one that too fussy about micro-artifacts
however.

I've used both the K-7 and the K-x and my advice is simple:
1) Do you shoot mainly in good/reasonable light, using ISO 100 to 400 and add flash in low light? Go for the K-7, which is an overall better capable camera for sure. 2) Do you shoot with available light? The K-x is far better for that. IMO, all of the K-7 pluses put together cannot compensate for the huge difference in image quality in favor of the K-x above ISO 400.

Whichever you choose now, it is likely after Photokina you'll want to jump all feet on such camera and replace it with one of the new ones for a good reason :-)

Dario