Hi Boris,

I always keep the original file size in the main directory and do a batch re-size on them into a sub-directory in case I want to upload some shots to Facebook or some other site, since I don't have the fastest connection in the world, and sites like Facebook generally butcher the images with their compression, anyway. It's more for convenience. The re-sizing for prints that I do is still pretty large at 2400 pixels long-side, and I only use those for when I order my prints online through the Walmart web site, and that's for essentially the same reason ... because it takes so long to upload full-resolution images to their site. If I have prints made while I'm in-store, I do use the full-resolution image, though. I probably should've clarified that.

As for cropping in-camera ... it's literally that. You can zoom into a part of the image with the control dial, move the image around with the four-way buttons and use the menu to crop the image right there in the camera, rather than doing it on a computer after you've finished taking shots. It's a fairly tedious process, though. I've only used it once or twice since I've had my K-x. That's one of the reasons I asked about it, as I couldn't figure out why anyone would want to do that, and thought maybe it was a feature that was included because a lot of photographers had expressed a need for it, and that there might be good technical reasons for doing it that way -- like preserving IQ, or some such.

Thanks for the reply!

-- Walt