actually, a usable live view mode with magnification has proven to be
of most use to me.
i've shot m42 takumars with pentax k10d and a canon 5d mkII and the
use with the latter is much more pleasurable and much more useful,
especially towards the wide end (not only the angle of view, but also
the ability to focus properly)