On Fri, 05 Nov 2010 15:38:02 -0500
"P. J. Alling" <webstertwenty...@gmail.com> wrote:

> M42 lenses don't work the same way as K lenses.  In manual the lens
> is always stopped down to shooting aperture and the meter will give
> you the correct exposure, as long as you're within the meter's
> operable  EV range.  In auto the lens will never stop down, but
> you'll get the correct exposure at maximum aperture.  You will be
> limited to center weighted and spot metering like K lenses.

thanks, Peter (and everyone else). had the lens with me for a couple of
days, found it a little too unwieldy. gave it back and got myself a CZJ
sonnar 135/3.5 (also near mint) instead... :)

a (test?) shot from the lens:
http://picasaweb.google.com/pdml.live/Peso#5536338211206117842

k-x, czj s 135/3.5 @ 3.5...

regards, subash