I started to post the photos I took to Flickr, but quickly grew annoyed at the fact that it was taking forever to get them all uploaded (and that I've exceeded my 200-photo limit!!!). So, I went ahead and put together a couple of blog posts with some of the images I took on our treks out into the NW Arkansas and NE Oklahoma hinterlands.

After looking at Ted's shots, I must say I'm submitting these humbly, and only because it would be unseemly not to do so. It seems Ted was wise enough to take time to create good photography, whereas I took a rather scatter-shot approach -- taking pictures of everything that moved, and didn't move. If I learned anything from our trips, it's the old maxim, "Slow and steady wins the race." RAW vs. jpeg. Bracketed vs. single exposure. Tripod vs. handheld.

My hat is off to you, Mr. Beilby. You gave me quite a tutorial, whether you intended to or not. :-)

http://waltgilbert.posterous.com/picher-oklahoma-americas-newest-ghost-town

http://waltgilbert.posterous.com/scenes-from-northwest-arkansas

Comments and critiques are, of course, welcome.

-- Walt

http://www.pentaxphotogallery.com/waltergilbert
http://waltgilbert.posterous.com/ <http://polipix.posterous.com/>