Hi all,

As Ted and I were finishing up our time at War Eagle Mill, we came across this rather large hunk of iron that must have been a part taken from the workings of the mill. I thought it was intriguing, but lacked the intestinal fortitude (literally and figuratively) to try and sneak out of there with it, and wasn't sure how to go about photographing it. I consulted with Ted, who was quick to point out, "Godfrey would know what to do with it." I agreed.

Still, I didn't want to leave without taking a shot at it just to see what I could come up with in post processing. Well, this is how it turned out:

http://flic.kr/p/8U1ZKa

K-x, DAL 18-55 (at 35mm), f/7.1, ISO 200, 1/250, Aperture priority

At the risk of incurring his wrath, I decided to name it after the guy who inspired it.

Comments, critiques, suggestions, and all major credit cards accepted.

http://www.pentaxphotogallery.com/waltergilbert
http://waltgilbert.posterous.com/