Interesting. I suffer from nearly the opposite malady. Using an 8 Gig card, I seem to be overly conscious of taking extra shots. For instance, even though I keep my camera in fast drive mode , if I accidentally take more than one exposure, I invariably and reflexively say, "Dammit!" and immediately delete the second and/or third shot. I never even check to see how many shots I have left on a card.

And, while I will spend three or four different shots on a given subject from varying perspectives, those accidental exposures always feel to me like a wasted shutter actuation. Don't ask me why. There's obviously no rational reason for it.

As for metering, I still have so much to learn about it that I find it daunting. I've tried spot metering and matrix metering so far, and generally shoot in aperture priority. And, up until a couple of days ago, I've always shot with highlight correction on (unknowingly sacrificing the lower end of my ISO range in the process). So, it seems I'm going to have to do a good bit of relearning on my camera before I'll ever know which type of metering I should be using in any given situation.

-- Walt

http://www.pentaxphotogallery.com/waltergilbert
http://waltgilbert.posterous.com/ <http://polipix.posterous.com/>
Contact Me Facebook <http://www.facebook.com/walt.gilbert>Flickr <http://www.flickr.com/photos/walt_gilbert/>Twitter <http://twitter.com/walt_gilbert>

--- @ WiseStamp Signature <http://my.wisestamp.com/link?u=ypgdb385pypw7fhb&site=www.wisestamp.com/email-install>. Get it now <http://my.wisestamp.com/link?u=ypgdb385pypw7fhb&site=www.wisestamp.com/email-install>