As an audiophile of somewhat limited means, my first purchase was a Denon integrated amplifier -- PMA-950 A/V, which lasted nearly 20 years. I loved it so much, I've bought Denon equipment almost exclusively ever since. Granted, I've had to scrimp and save to do so, but in my experience, it's a nice, happy medium between mass market Kenwood, Pioneer, JVC equipment (which is still nice, don't get me wrong) and the exotic stuff that only Hasselblad owners can afford.

But, I'm sure you'll find audio equipment to be much like photographic equipment -- very much a brand-loyalty item. Denon just suits my personal taste, and has a fairly broad range of offerings with regard to price range. Onkyo, Harman-Kardon, and Yamaha also make really nice stuff as well.

-- Walt

http://www.pentaxphotogallery.com/waltergilbert
http://waltgilbert.posterous.com/ <http://polipix.posterous.com/>
Contact Me Facebook <http://www.facebook.com/walt.gilbert>Flickr <http://www.flickr.com/photos/walt_gilbert/>Twitter <http://twitter.com/walt_gilbert>

--- @ WiseStamp Signature <http://my.wisestamp.com/link?u=ypgdb385pypw7fhb&site=www.wisestamp.com/email-install>. Get it now <http://my.wisestamp.com/link?u=ypgdb385pypw7fhb&site=www.wisestamp.com/email-install>