I keep a couple sets of NiMH -- Sanyo Eneloops and Energizers for my K-x, and they both seem to hold up pretty well. But, if it's going to be a situation where I know I'm going to need to take a LOT of photos, but not sure how many, I get the Energizer Ultimate Lithiums if I feel like I can spare the few bucks at the moment. They really do last a long time -- longer than I ever would've believed, actually.

I don't know if anyone makes a rechargeable AA lithium with that kind of life. I've never seen them in Walmart. But, if they do, I'll save up the money to get a set if I have to. I have seen some Westinghouse rechargeable lithium AA's, but the voltage output rating listed on the package makes me afraid they'll damage my camera.

-- Walt