From: John Graves

I have a few questions for the group though.  If I dump the Microdol
into the town's septic system, will the Treatment Plant blow up or
otherwise stop functioning.  Is there a good way to clean out the
plastic and glass (fixer) bottles or should I add to my collection?
Have I lost what's left of my mind.  Do I shoot the 15? year old Plus-X
at 125, 64 32 speed?  PS my LunaPro still works...I will need a source
for the PX625a cells though.

All suggestions read......some taken!

In no particular order - from my days running a mini-lab and my experience in school ...

I wouldn't dump used developer into a septic system.

Sewer system is a different matter. If you're connected to a waste-water treatment plant, it should be safe to dump diluted developer in small quantities.

I'm assuming you're talking about a gallon or so, rather than hundreds of gallons. If it were me, I'd add it a quart or so of developer at a time to the toilet and flush it. If you've got a 1 gal/flush toilet that's diluted about 3:1.

What is a problem is used FIXER.

You should take that to someone who can safely recover the silver. Definitely do not put used fixer into a septic system. You stand a good chance of killing the bacteria and having a big bill for getting it pumped out and balanced again.

Any local mini-lab should be able to run your used fixer through their silver recovery system. It's just a matter of pouring it into the correct tank before running it through the exchanger. The problem is going to be finding a mini-lab with an operator who knows what he's doing rather than just running along on rote. See if your county has a household hazardous waste collection.

I'd shoot the Plus-X at 125, but not use it for anything critical. Use it for stuff you can either live without, or for stuff you can go back to shoot again with a new roll of Plus-X if it doesn't turn out.

I prefer HC110 for Plus-X, and D-76 for Tri-X & T-max. YMMV.

For 1.5v PX625A cells - I'd try Radio Shack first; "camera department" at Target or Walmart if Radio Shack doesn't have them; or find a Ritz Camera if all else fails. Amazon has them New (Duracell) for $5.26 each and Used from $0.75 each. That's what it says.

If they're the old mercury cells, Amazon also lists a Wein PX625/PX13 1.35v Mercury-Free Replacement. They're actually cheaper than the 1.5v Duracells.

-----
No virus found in this message.