Message: 6 Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2011 12:50:54 -0800 (PST) From: Jack Davis <jdavi...@yahoo.com> To:
Pentax-Discuss Mail List <pdml@pdml.net> Subject: Re: PESO: Crows Message-ID:
<78772.76779...@web130101.mail.mud.yahoo.com> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1 Maybe you
could leave the tripod there over night....mmmm no I guess not. Just a thought. <BG> Jack --- On Wed,
1/26/11, Charles Robinson <charl...@visi.com> wrote:
> From: Charles Robinson <charl...@visi.com>
> Subject: Re: PESO: Crows
> To: "Pentax-Discuss Mail List" <pdml@pdml.net>
> Date: Wednesday, January 26, 2011, 12:09 PM
> On Jan 26, 2011, at 13:36, Jack Davis
> wrote:
>
> > Appears to have the makings of an outstanding shot.
> Was there, also, some foreground lighting? The tree with
> faint blue lower limbs begs the question.
> > How one would deal with the lower background buildings
> and lighting is another matter.(?) Perhaps an extremely low
> angle with 'pod legs splayed virtually flat and shooting at
> a steeper angle to eliminate the background
> buildings/lights?
> >

> I agree that the potential elements are in place for
> something really really cool.? This image is not that.
>
> The whole problem I had last night was that an advancing
> human with camera on tripod caused most (if not all) of them
> to leave.? In a hurry - LOUDLY!
>
> This shot was taken 3 blocks from where I started trying to
> photograph them (and from about a block away).? They
> had all originally been tightly-knit in 6 small trees on one
> corner of a block.? Soon as I started walking towards
> them POOF they were gone.
>
> So... I'll have to keep working on 'em.
>
>  -Charles
>
> --
> Charles Robinson - charl...@visi.com
> Minneapolis, MN
> http://charles.robinsontwins.org
> http://www.facebook.com/charles.robinson

I am the worlds worst bird photographer but one thing I know is they cannot count. If two people go into a blind or woods in your case and one of them leaves, the birds will feel safe and resume their activity. Of course crows are one of the smarter birds so maybe they have evolved enough to count.