On 2/23/2011 10:47 PM, steve harley wrote:
you have a unique style, Boris; it's slightly self-conscious but very
clear, and it doesn't irritate me at all; i don't think anyone can
completely control context and interpretation, but they can certainly
try ;?>

Thanks, Steve. Appreciate your words.

if i were to pick any emailism that irritates me, it would be
top-posting, and after that excessive quoting; but i dance with them --
even sometimes use them myself

What is it "top-posting"?

since long before Thunderbird, i've clung to the notion that
_underscore_ indicates italics, but you've made me suddenly question
that ...

You can always install Thunderbird Portable, set it up and send yourself some e-mail to check what I am saying.

Boris