On 3/20/2011 2:48 PM, Larry Colen wrote:
I'm very intrigued by the 28-75 myself, it's a range that I find
myself needing a lot.  How sharp is it?  My two zooms are the 18-250
and the 16-50, how would it compare with them?

My copy is very sharp. Easily as sharp as Pentax primes, such as 35/2.8 or 50/1.7 or whatever non-limited primes that I (used to have) had. I think that limited lenses outdo it a bit in other aspects of the rendering, but for all practical purposes I treat(ed) my copy as set of primes in one barrel. My only issue with this lens is like I wrote just a moment ago to Tim - somewhat nervous OOF rendering. Not always, mind you, just sometimes, but I hadn't manage to learn when it decides to go nervous.