----- Original Message ----- From: "Bob W" <p...@web-options.com>

I wasn't sure about the field in France - it has a very nice memory for me,
and in that sort of circumstance it's hard to judge a picture. The young
woman in the window frame is the same person you see in the pictures from
Cap d'Agde in the bright sunshine. We hitch-hiked around Europe together for 3 months, mostly sleeping in a tent. The field is the first place we pitched the tent, a few days into the trip. We had been lucky with our lifts and had
been offered places to stay in people's houses. That first night though we
had to pitch the tent in the dark, not really knowing where we were. That
was the sight that greeted us when we opened the tent flap in the morning.
It was far more beautiful than the picture shows. It's somewhere between La
Rochelle and Bordeaux.

That trip is what first convinced me that people are fundamentally good,
kind and generous, despite what we read in the press and see on the TV.

Great story!

Yes, I suppose it's true one has to ignore the noise of the world and focus instead on the simple kindnesses offered each day. Cheers, Christine