On 4/3/2011 5:19 PM, Larry Colen wrote:
On Apr 3, 2011, at 11:59 AM, Walter Gilbert wrote:

Hi all,

So, I recently inherited a copy of this software from my brother who was using
it to edit and catalog photos of is granddaughter, but decided he didn't need
all the bells and whistles that came along with it and wanted something a
little more basic.  Given that my old copy of Photoshop 7 predates DNG support
and I can't seem to find the plugin that will make it do so, I thought I'd give
it a shot.  (I don't have the dough to spend on CS or LR, unfortunately, so my
options are limited here.)
Walt,

I'm pretty sure that Bibble has a demo version.  Give that a try.  Less
expensive than lightroom, and they have a few features I miss in lightroom,
like being able to sort by things like ISO.

I'll definitely look into Bibble. I have The GIMP and have been tooling around with it. But, so far, it's completely alien to me, and has a fairly steep learning curve. Thanks for the info.

-- Walt