On 2011-04-03 21:39 , John Francis wrote:
With a steep learning curve, you'd leasrn enough to get over that bar
in a short span of time.  With a shallow learning curve, though, you
would have to spend far more time before you became proficient.
That, in my opinion, would be a far less desirable situation.

my interpretation has been that the curve represents effort on the y axis and amount of proficiency gained on the x axis, but i guess there's more to it than that:

<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Learning_curve#Common_terms>