On 5 April 2011 17:56, Boris Liberman <bori...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I cannot possibly disagree that QC does not appear improving over the years,
> but then so does the complexity of the cameras. I don't think you could
> outright deny that other manufacturers are completely trouble free too.
>
> Yet I certainly can relate to your frustration. These things are certainly
> not peanuts.

Where this argument falls flat is that the vast majority of the
problems reported, ie wonky mirrors, sticky buttons, failing rotary
actuators, motors/gears/clutches in lenses, spots on sensors are all
generally of mechanical nature. None of these issues are involve
significantly more complex systems than Pentax used to be able to
execute so successfully prior to their foray into DSLR production.

--
Rob Studdert (DigitalĀ  Image Studio)
Tel: +61-418-166-870 UTC +10 Hours